Scholarship offers for the year 2013-2014:
The Ministry of Higher Education allocate 30 scholarships for (Australian students) for the year 2013-2014. Interested applicants can apply for any available discipline apart from health fields. The Applicants must meet the requirements before submitting their applications. The applicant can apply through the universities websites mentioned in the list please click here and must attach a copy of (their certified Qualifications from Australian DFAT and the Saudi cultural mission and a copy of their passport).
King Abdulaziz University Scholarship offers for the year 2014:
King Abdulaziz University (KAU), Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, Is Pleased To
Announce Postgraduate Scholarships (Ph.D only) For International
Students (Male Only) For The Academic Year 2013/2014.
The Interested Candidates Should Visit Our Website
Http:/ /Dgsscholarship.Kau.Edu.Sa For More Details.
Online Application Form Is Also Available On Our Website From
19/10/2012 To 28/02/2013.
Please check this flyer.
Guide to Applying for Scholarship.
The purpose of this guide is to inform the applicant on the criteria and procedures for applying for scholarships, offered by Saudi Arabian institutes of higher education, for Australian nationals. Please read the following carefully before making the decision to apply for a scholarship.
Scholarships are offered by The Saudi Arabian institutes of higher education, for Australian nationals. The generous scholarships offered from the various Saudi universities in the Kingdom are aimed to provide Australian students with the opportunity of furthering or complementing their current studies. The scholarships are on the following areas:
1- Arabic Language.
2- Islamic studies.
3- Islamic history.
4- Islamic Architecture.
Conditions of the Application
In order to meet all the conditions set by the educational institutes of higher education in Saudi Arabia and secure a grant of study: the following conditions must be met:
• Applicant must be no younger than 18 years old.
• Applicant first to enroll to study Diploma of the Arabic language for a year, in the case of a high grade, candidate may be eligible for a grant from the university free of charge to affiliated Bachelor degree in one of the above disciplines or disciplines available at the university.
• In the case of completion of bachelor degree with high grade, candidate may be eligible for a grant from the university free of charge to affiliated Master degree in one of the above disciplines or disciplines available at the university.
• In the case of completion of Master degree with high grade, candidate may be eligible for a grant from the university free of charge to affiliated PHD in one of the above disciplines or disciplines available at the university.
rocedures to Apply:
1. Applicant must submit a medical clearance.
2. Written approval from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) to study in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
3. The applicant must abide by the visa requirements and undertake only full time study. Work or part-time study will not be accepted.
4. Translation and ratification of all documents and certificates from Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
5. Ratification of Australian certificates from the Cultural Mission of Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia.
6.Copy of passport.
7. Recommendation letter.
8. Request letter (request to study Islamic or Arabic).
9. Police clearance.
In case of a successful application, applicant will receive the following benefits:
1. Monthly salary of 850 Saudi Riyals.
2. Extra allowance for outstanding academic students.
3. Allowance of an extra month's salary, annually, for books and materials to aid postgraduate students only.
4. Printing allowance for postgraduate students only.
5. Free accommodation for single students.
6. Payment for statutory fees of visa study and residence.
7. All medical treatment will be undertaken in the medical centre of the respective university and related expenses will be covered by the university.
8. An annual airline economy class ticket, including return.
Please Note: If the applicant is a female, then the Saudi system requires that the applicant is accompanied by a husband, father or a brother.
More more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.